Texas Food Handler Training Course
This course is a basic review of food safety practices for food service employees. This course is recommended for all food industry employees, which can assist employees implement safe food handling practices at their food establishment. The Texas Department of State Health Services recognizes and has approved this Learn2serve.com Food Handler's Course. All students must present their completion certificate to their local health authority and must pay the required fees associated with registration at their local authority. The course fees do not cover the any fees associated with your local health department.
Regulator Contact Information:
At the conclusion of this course, you will be able to effectively:
- Discuss food safety, its importance, and those who enforce it.
- Identify foodborne illness and its causes.
- Identify biological, physical, and chemical contamination.
- Describe temperature control.
- Discuss the importance of proper personal hygiene in the workplace.
- Implement appropriate procedures to receive and store food.
- Discuss cleaning and sanitization.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be able to print a certificate of completion from your training page.
Lesson 1: Introduction to Food Safety
Lesson 2: Biohazards, Foodborne Illness, and Food Spoilage
Lesson 3: Contaminants
Lesson 4: Temperature and Time Control
Lesson 5: Employee Heath, Hygiene, and Training
Lesson 6: Purchasing, Receiving, and Storing Food
Lesson 7: Cleaning and Sanitizing
Each quiz must be passed with a 70% or higher to move to next lesson.
The final exam must be successfully passed with a 70% or higher to receive the certificate of completion.
- Course Format: Online
- Language: English
- Difficulty: Beginner