The objective of this module is to present the principles and practice of C.H.P. (Combined Heating and Power) systems. Utilizing heat recovery from different types of prime mover including steam turbines, gas turbines, and diesel engines. In addition to heat recovery equipment, typical district heating distribution systems are also discussed.
- Typical values of heat loss from different types of prime mover.
- Heat recovery from extraction steam turbines.
- Heat recovery from backpressure turbines.
- Heat balance and overall heat utilization with heat recovery.
- Heat recovery from gas turbines.
- Combined cycle gas turbine and steam turbine, with extraction steam for district heating.
- The application of auxiliary burners to HRSGs.
- Heat recovery from reciprocating engines.
- Fluid heat exchangers.
- Exhaust duct economizer.
- The application of auxiliary boilers for process or district heating.
- The primary hot water distribution loop, supply and return.
- Control of district heating (D.H.) supply temperature.
- Control of engine jacket coolant temperature.
- The customers' energy transfers station.
- Control and metering of customer's heat consumption.
- Installing pre-insulated piping, including alarm and control wiring.
- The characteristics of steam distribution for district heating.
- Steam piping and hardware.
- Types of valves installed on a steam system.
- Procedures for handling condensate forming in steam lines:
1. During start-up.
2. While in service.
- The causes and dangers of water hammer.
- The need for caution when interconnecting a small private co-generator (C.H.P.) into a large utility power system.
- The need for compatibility of voltage control equipment, governor control, and protection equipment.
- The need for coordination of clearance procedures between the utility and the private generator to prevent hazards to personnel.
- The need for coordination of automatic and manual switching procedures.
End of Course Instructions
Congratulations of successfully completing your Course!Please take a moment to fill out the NERC survey below:SURVEY
Got Questions? Contact Us
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235.
NOTE: Need Help? Are you an existing customer?
For all complaints or concerns Click here. For all sales enquiries, please fill out the form below.
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.