The objective of this course is to discuss the application of SCADA systems (EMS, and DISTRIBUTION AUTOMATION), and to present the main features of modern installations including equipment layout, communications, operations and maintenance. After completion of this videotape and associated workbook, the participant will be able to understand the following concepts, and apply them to his day to day work activities. He will also be able to answer related test questions: Typical applications of SCADA, Basic features of SCADA, i.e. remote data collection, transmission, processing, display, remote control, Polling by RTU address, RTU reporting by exception; 2 second updates, Control commands; select - check - operate sequence, RTU data collection, Analog points, transducers, analog digital conversion, RTU inputs; analog, status points, pulse accumulation, RTU outputs; control of switching, load shedding, generation, Review of binary numbering system, Modems, signal transmission, FSK, PSK, A.M. Rate of signal transmission, baud, Components of 32 bit signal, Communication line arrangements, i.e. party-line, or separate radial connections, Master station assembly and peripherals, Front-end communications controller: functions, Display computer, display stations, operator input, Standby (redundant) station, failover, Applications software, executive software, CPU priority tasking, On-line diagnostics, Operator interface, workstations, Operator input, display response, Power system equipment status, tagging, Alarm system, Logging, reports, trends, sequence-of-events, SCADA installations, power supply, Preventive maintenance activities, Functional tests, test sets, test points, Software update, modification, Maintenance records.
If you are taking this course for NERC credit, the following credits will be reported.
NERC CE HOURS: CE HOURS = 4.00 OPS Topics=4.00 Standards=0.00 Simulation=0.00 EO=0.00
- Trainees will be able to describe the basic tasks of Supervisory Control Systems (SCADA) as well as their typical applications.
- Trainees will be able to describe the main operating features and equipment layout of a basic SCADA system.
- Trainees will be able to describe the main features of Remote Terminal Units (RTUs).
- Trainees will be able to describe both the various types of signals used by RTUs and typical transmission arrangements.
- Trainees will be able to describe the layout of a typical master station and explain the functions of the various components and peripheral devices.
- Trainees will be able to describe the operator workstation and display units provided for operator interaction with the SCADA system.
- Trainees will be able to describe the physical requirements of SCADA installations as well as common maintenance facilities and activities.
SEGMENT A - FAULT CHARACTERISTICSSEGMENT B - PROTECTION SCHEMESSEGMENT C - FUNCTION OF PROTECTION RELAYS
End of Course Instructions
Congratulations on completing the course! Your credits earned on completion of this program will be reported to RCEP.net within 30 days of completion. Once we report your completion at RCEP.net, you will receive a certificate of completion provided by RCEP on the email address you have provided at the time of enrollment. Please keep the certificate for your record. You may be required to submit this certificate to the state to record your PDH or present it in case if you are audited. If you have any questions or concerns please contact customer service at http://www.360trainingsupport.com
Got Questions? Contact Us
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235.
NOTE: Need Help? Are you an existing customer?
For all complaints or concerns Click here. For all sales enquiries, please fill out the form below.
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.