This course covers food safety issues, regulations, and techniques to maintain a food-safe environment. It will help you to better understand how handling food correctly is not only the law, but it improves safety and lowers cost as well.
This course is for training purposes and does not result in Food Protection Manager Certification.
To complete that certification, you'll need to pass the Learn2Serve Food Protection Manager Certification Exam, or another ANSI-CFP accredited exam. Texas Food Managers may choose either the Texas Food Manager Exam, OR an ANSI-CFP Exam.
Please note that certain areas may require training or additional paperwork or registration (Houston, Chicago, Northern Virginia District, and others). In Ohio, food managers should take the Ohio Level 2 course instead. Please check with your local health department to make sure you are in compliance.
Upon completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Develop a better understanding of food safety, its importance, and those who enforce it.
- Describe the types of food-borne illness and causes.
- Discuss the types of biological, physical, and chemical contamination.
- Define temperature control.
- Recognize the importance of proper personal hygiene in the workplace.
- Identify cleaning, sanitation, and facility design.
Lesson 1: Introduction to Food Safety
Lesson 2: Biohazards, Foodborne Disease, and Food Spoilage
Lesson 3: Contaminants
Lesson 4: Food and Temperature Control
Lesson 5: Employee Health, Hygiene, and Training
Lesson 6: Purchasing, Receiving, and Storing Food
Lesson 7: Cleaning and Sanitizing
Lesson 8: Pest Control
Lesson 9: Facility Design
Lesson 10: HACCP System Basics
Lesson 11: FDA Guidelines for Developing a HACCP System
Lesson 12: Developing, Implementing, and Maintaining a HACCP Plan
Lesson 13: Seafood HACCP
Lesson 14: Consumer Steps to Safer Seafood
Learn2Serve Food Safety Management Principles - Wisconsin Department of Health and Family Services - Food Safety and Recreational Licensing Division
- Wisconsin Department of Health and Family Services - Food Safety and Recreational Licensing Division
- Website URL:
- Email Address:
- 1 West Wilson Street Room 1051
End of Course Instructions
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be able to print a certificate of completion from your dashboard on your training page.
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
NOTE: Need Help? Are you an existing customer?
For all complaints or concerns Click here. For all sales enquiries, please fill out the form below.
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.