This course is approved by the Ohio Department of Health for Level 1 Food Protection Certification. It covers food safety guidelines regarding personal hygiene, food storage, preparing and handling food, and maintaining a safe environment. The practices in this course can help you protect food quality and prevent foodborne illness.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
1. Define food safety and its goals, benefits, impact, proper adherence, critical control points, and recall requirements.
2. Recall biohazards, symptoms and causes of common foodborne illnesses, identify spoilage signs and causes.
3. Identify three types of contamination, explain how food becomes hazardous, and recognize how to preserve food.
4. Understand time, temperature, and control with relation to food handling and how to properly take the temperature of food and maintain the temperature while storing food.
5. Discuss personal hygiene importance and practices, and food handling practices and techniques.
6. Understand procedures for acquiring and receiving food, considerations for meat and poultry, and proper food storage.
7. Identify both proper and improper cleaning and sanitizing procedures and implications.
8. Identify signs and eradication procedures for pest infestation.
Lesson 1: Introduction to Food Safety
Lesson 2: Biohazards, Foodborne Disease, and Food Spoilage
Lesson 3: Contamination
Lesson 4: Food and Temperature Control
Lesson 5: Preventing Food Contamination
Lesson 6: Food Receiving and Storage
Lesson 7: Sanitizing
Lesson 8: Pest Control
Learn2Serve Ohio Person In-Charge Training - Level 1 - Ohio Department of Health
- Ohio Department of Health
- Website URL:
- Email Address:
- 246 N. High St
End of Course Instructions
After completing this course you will receive a certificate of completion. It will be sent via email and will also be available on your learner account under "Print Certificates". Send your certificate to your manager and keep a copy on you at work.
This course has several engaging activities to support learning but does not have lesson quizzes.
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
NOTE: Need Help? Are you an existing customer?
For all complaints or concerns Click here. For all sales enquiries, please fill out the form below.
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.