This comprehensive program will prepare students to enter the pharmacy field and take the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board's (PTCB) exam. Course content includes pharmacy medical terminology, reading and interpreting prescriptions and defining generic and brand names drugs and much, much more! They will also learn how to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint, using our Microsoft Certified Application Specialist (MCAS) approved courses.
Upon completion of the program, graduates can interpret the prescription or medication order and maintain patient profiles, as well as gather and respond to customer feedback and manage customer relationships.
Program also includes an optional clinical externship at a local healthcare provider! This program also includes the online study guide, practices exam, and CPhT exam voucher to sit for the NHA Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) Exam.
Prospective students should contact the State Board of Pharmacy to obtain the requirements applicable in their state.
Additional fees may apply for a background check, drug test and other externship site testing requirements. Fees will be paid by the student at the time of placement in the optional externship.
Pharmacy Technician: 350 Hours
- The history of pharmacy and healthcare
- Pharmacy technician role and responsibilities
- Pharmacy technician certification and registration process
- Types of pharmacies including the hospital pharmacy, retail practice, long-term care practice, mail order pharmacy, home care pharmacies, and others
- Drug regulation and control
- Pharmaceutical terminology and related anatomy
- Parts of the prescription and labeling
- Pharmacy calculations and math review
- Pharmacy measures and abbreviations
- Routes and formulations
- Parenterals and compounding
- Basic biopharmaceutics
- Aseptic technique and the handling of sterile products
- Total Parenteral Nutrition (TPN)
- Basics of IV solutions and calculating 24-hour supply of IV solutions
- Factors affecting drug activity
- Information and pharmacy resources
- Inventory management and financial issues
- Brand names and generic drugs
Pharmacy Technician Online Certification Preparation:
This one-of-a-kind online study guide tutorial and online practice assessment engages and prepares students for their CPhT exam. Aligned to the Exam for the Certification of Pharmacy Technicians (ExCPT) blueprint. The program includes remediation and focused review that takes candidates back to areas that need attention. This online study guide tutorial engages and prepares students for their CPhT exam. Aligned to the Exam for the Certification of Pharmacy Technicians (ExCPT) blueprint. The program includes remediation and focused review that takes candidates back to areas that need attention.
Externship Details: 100 Hour Externship
Students must achieve an 85% grade or better on all course quizzes, module exams and final exam and complete a course throughout the e-learning program. Additionally, to be eligible for the clinical externship process students must pass a background check and a drug screen to be placed in a healthcare facility Students who participate in a clinical must be able to submit the following if required by their site.
- Background check (Federal and/or state)
- Drug Screen
- Immunization record (or be able to obtain any immunizations required)
- 2 step TB test
- Flu Shot
- CPR certification
Pharmacy Technician Certification (CPhT) National Exam Details:
Technicians who pass the (ExCPT) Pharmacy Exam are granted the title of Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT).
To be eligible to earn an NHA Pharmacy Technician certification, a candidate must:
- Possess a high school diploma or GED
- Have successfully completed a training program or have a minimum of 12 months of pharmacy-related work experience within the last 36 months.
- Be at least 18 years of age
*Note: Pharmacy Technician certification requirements vary by state. Please review state-specific pharmacy technician requisites by contacting your state board of pharmacy.
Candidates may be required to provide evidence of training or work experience. Each certification program may have additional practical requirements as adopted by the Board.
An applicant scheduled to graduate from an accredited high school or GED Program may receive a provisional certification under the policies listed below.
- Must sit no more than 12 months prior to graduation
- A provisional certification expires 12 months after test date if no High School
Diploma/GED evidence submitted
- Provisional certificates and wallet cards are clearly marked with "Provisional"
- Provisional certificates cannot be renewed
- Provisional certificates cannot be reinstated
- Expiration date follows initial testing date and requires all the continuing education of a full certification
Customer Support Representative Course List and Descriptions:
Microsoft Excel 2010 Level 1: 30 hours
In this course, students learn to create and manage worksheets and workbook files; enter data and create basic formulas to perform calculations. Students accomplish the learning objectives for each lesson through a series of hands-on tasks, for which they are given step-by-step instructions and desired result checkpoints. The tasks provide ample opportunity for students to practice, apply, and develop the skills covered in the course.
Microsoft Outlook 2010 Level 1: 25 Hours
This course will provide an overview and introduction to Microsoft Excel 2010. You will learn basic concepts and techniques for working with Microsoft Excel's most commonly used features and functions. This course provides many opportunities to practice these techniques.
Microsoft Word 2010Â Level 1: 30 Hours
This course will provide an overview and introduction to Microsoft Word 2010 and its use within the Windows environment. You will learn basic concepts and techniques for working with Microsoft Word's most commonly used features and functions. There will be opportunities to explore and practice these techniques throughout the course.
Office Procedures Level 1: 30 Hours
This course teaches introductory office procedures and practices to the novice office worker. It consists of six Lessons and a Final Exam. Each Lesson is divided into Sections with related Tasks. There are questions at the end of each Lesson designed to reinforce the concepts the student has learned in the Lesson.
Business Verbal Communications: 25 Hours
The Business Verbal Communication course is designed to introduce students to the primary aspects of successful verbal communication in a business context. Students have ample opportunity to apply the concepts learned by completing tasks and exercises in the course.
Customer Service: 25 Hours
The Customer Service course will teach students the fundamentals of customer service and help them to develop core competencies for providing excellent customer service. Students are given ample opportunity to practice, apply and develop their customer service skills through the completion of hands-on tasks.
The Following Courses Are Included In This Package:
|Course Name||Industry||Course Delivery|
|Microsoft Excel 2010, Level 1||Career Training|
|Microsoft Outlook 2010, Level 1||Career Training|
|Microsoft Word 2010 Level 1||Career Training|
|Office Procedures Level 1||Career Training|
|Business Correspondence Level 1||Career Training|
|Customer Service||Career Training|
Got Questions? Contact Us
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235.
NOTE: Need Help? Are you an existing customer?
For all complaints or concerns Click here. For all sales enquiries, please fill out the form below.
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.