Learn2Serve Food Handler Training Course (ANSI Accredited)
This course covers food safety issues, regulations, and techniques to maintain a food-safe environment. It will help you to better understand how handling food correctly is required by law and how it improves safety and lowers cost as well.
Regulator Contact Information:
After completing this course, you will be able to:
1. Define food safety and its goals, benefits, impact, proper adherence, critical control points, and recall requirements.
2. Recall biohazards, symptoms and causes of common foodborne illnesses, identify spoilage signs and causes.
3. Identify three types of contamination, explain how food becomes hazardous, and recognize how to preserve food.
4. Understand time, temperature, and control with relation to food handling and how to properly take the temperature of food and maintain the temperature while storing food.
5. Discuss personal hygiene importance and practices, and food handling practices and techniques.
6. Understand procedures for acquiring and receiving food, considerations for meat and poultry, and proper food storage.
7. Identify both proper and improper cleaning and sanitizing procedures and implications.
8. Identify signs and eradication procedures for pest infestation.
Lesson 1: Introduction to Food Safety
Lesson 2: Biohazards, Foodborne Disease, and Food Spoilage
Lesson 3: Contamination
Lesson 4: Food and Temperature Control
Lesson 5: Preventing Food Contamination
Lesson 6: Food Receiving and Storage
Lesson 7: Sanitizing
Lesson 8: Pest Control
This course has several engaging activities to support learning but does not have lesson quizzes.
You must score 68% or higher to pass. That means you must correctly answer at least 28 of the 40 questions to pass.