Cave-ins are considered the most dangerous trench and excavation hazard. In addition, other potentially fatal hazards also exist in excavations, such as asphyxiation due to lack of oxygen in a confined space, inhalation of toxic fumes, drowning, falls, water accumulation, etc. The OSHA standards intend to protect workers in trenches and excavations. This course gives you a basic understanding of how to work safely in excavations and what important points are required to consider when working in an excavation.
- Identify factors that pose a hazard to employees working in excavations
- Learn how to protect employees from cave-ins
- Understand the role of a competent person at an excavation site
- Explore other various related issues associated with excavations
TOPICS COVERED: Hazardous and Toxic SubstancesFlammable and Combustible LiquidsFlammable and Combustible Liquid ClassificationsImportant Definitions
Subject Matter Expert
Michael Millsap - Mike has over 20 years experience in Environmental Health and Safety and is currently a certified Outreach Training Instructor with 360training.com.
End of Course Instructions
Congratulations on completing your course! You may now print your certificate of completion.
The final exam must be completed with a 70% or higher pass rate to receive your certificate of completion.
Got Questions? Contact Us
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235.
NOTE: Need Help? Are you an existing customer?
For all complaints or concerns Click here. For all sales enquiries, please fill out the form below.
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Unlimited 24x7 online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.