Introduction to OSHA and the OSH Act (GI)
This course gives a basic overview of OSHA, the OSH Act, and OSHAs role in prevention and elimination of work-related illnesses and injuries. It includes information about employer and employee rights and responsibilities, and a very brief look at the inspection process, reporting, and recordkeeping. This course will prove beneficial for those who are directly or indirectly involved with OSHA and the OSH Act.
Regulator Contact Information:
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Understand what OSHA is
- Describe the Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) Act
- Explain how the General Duty Clause affects employers
- Identify the different types of OSHA violations
- Explain how OSHA conducts inspections
- Understand OSHAs requirements
- Understand employers and workers rights
Upon successful completion of your course you will be able to print your certificate of completion.
- Written Safety and Health Program
- Site Characterization and Analysis· Training Program
- Medical Surveillance
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Sanitation at Temporary Workplaces
- Monitoring Handling Drums and Containers
- Decontamination Emergency Response Plan
The final exam must be completed with a 70% or higher pass rate to receive your certificate of completion.