Accident Investigation Reporting
"Accidents will happen". We have all heard that statement before. Unfortunately, sometimes it is true. Despite our best efforts, things occasionally do go wrong. While many accidents seem to happen for obvious reasons, there may be things that contribute to an accident which are not always apparent. That is why it is vital to conduct accident investigations.
This one-hour course will provide an overview of accident investigation and reporting procedures. The accident investigation and reporting process helps to provide a safe working enjoinment by determining the causes of an accidents, identifying hazards and injuries and then reporting them, so that accidents can be prevented in the future.
- The requirements of the OHS Act
- How to report injuries and occupational illnesses
- How to identify and address hazards
- The rationale behind accident investigation
- How to lead an accident investigation team in conducting an injury
- Who to include in an accident investigation
- The role of each participant
- Accident Investigation
- Critical Injury/Fatality Investigation
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Supervisor`s Investigation Procedures
- Investigation Purpose and Procedure
- Appendix: Transportation of Dangerous Workers