The Clean Air Act describes the legislative history regarding the reduction of atmospheric pollution. The United States Congress first passed the Air Pollution Control Act of 1955, then the Clean Air Act in 1963, followed by amendments in 1966, the Clean Air Act Extension in 1970, and further amendments in 1977 and 1990.
This course discusses the goals and importance of the Clean Air Act through its legislative history. Amendments have been implemented to these Acts, especially the 1990 Amendments which are covered in great detail in this course.
This course also covers how the Clean Air Act is designed to protect people and how well that goal has been accomplished. In addition, the course describes the purpose and requirements of the New Source Review (NSR) permitting program and the Title V permit program. The course ends with the Clear Skies Legislation which was proposed to reduce power plant emissions of sulfur dioxide (SO2), nitrogen oxides (NOX), and mercury.
At the conclusion of this course, you will be able to:
- Discuss updated major environmental laws and regulations
- Discuss the purpose and requirements of the Clean Air Act
- Describe the background and requirements of the RCRA
- Properly identify different types of hazardous waste according to RCRA regulations
- Implement hazardous waste management systems to achieve and maintain compliance
- Apply different features of the Clean Water Act in day-to-day operation
- Explain regulatory and management issues relating to Storm Water Discharges
- Identify the requirements of your SPCC plan
Subject Matter Expert
Marie Athey is the subject matter expert for 360training.com. Marie's background in EHS spans 15 years and multiple industries. You may contact Marie at email@example.com.
End of Course Instructions
After successful completion you will be able to print your certificate of training.
The final exam must be completed with a 70% or higher pass rate to receive your certificate of completion.
What is Certified Environmental Specialist Training?
Certified Environmental Specialist Training is essential training that is needed for fulfilling EPA regulations for professionals who have to adhere to EPA regulations. This also includes individuals who are working in projects that can put lives at risk with unsafe work practices.
To prevent that from happening, knowledge about environmental compliance as well as its implementation is important. The course covers the Clean Air as well as Clean Water Act, SPCC, RCRA and EPCRA among other environmental regulations. It is ideal for any environmental professional who wishes to learn more about environmental compliance and ensure worker safety.
What is being covered in the Environmental Specialist Training?
The main objectives of the course include:
- How to conduct site characterizations and their importance
- Determining OSHA violations in the workplace
- Determining toxicology principles and how they affect chemical exposures
- Determining hazardous situations that include reactive chemicals, solvents, oxidizers and other flammables
- The importance of a medical surveillance program and its main aim
- Determining the importance of personal protective equipment and how to use them
- Determining decontamination methods for confined spaces
- Overview of types of ventilation
- Overview of the permit system needed for confined space entry including environmental hazards that needs to be mitigated
- Different considerations in emergency situations
- Importance of training for workplace safety
Why is Certified Environmental Specialist Training important?
Safety training is essential for workers who are involved in environmental projects to ensure they are aware of their own safety. It can go a long way in preventing accidents that can prove fatal. Sign up for the training today.
Got Questions? Contact Us
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235.
NOTE: Need Help? Are you an existing customer?
For all complaints or concerns Click here. For all sales enquiries, please fill out the form below.
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.