HAZWOPER 8-Hour Annual Refresher Plus GHS Hazardous Communication
394 Learner Reviews -
- Course Delivery: On Demand
- Duration: 9
- Language: English
- Difficulty: Intermediate
Employees exposed to hazardous substances, clean-up, treatment, storage and disposal. Workers involved in an emergency response operation.
This course is designed for general site workers who remove hazardous waste or who are exposed or potentially exposed to hazardous substances or health hazards. The course is comprised of nine sections covering topics pertaining to workplace hazards associated with Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER). Topics include HAZWOPER regulations, Site Characterization, Toxicology, Hazard Recognition, Personal Protective Equipment, Decontamination, Medical Surveillance, Confined Space Entry and Emergency Procedures. Upon successful completion of the course you will receive a certificate of completion which is accepted by OSHA as documentation of training.
- Recognize and recall OSHA regulations and requirements.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Site Characterization.
- Identify the principles of toxicology and how they relate to various types of chemical exposures.
- Describe potentially hazardous situations involving corrosives, solvents, oxidizers, and reactive chemicals.
- Identify chemicals and hazards they present in the workplace.
- Identify components of OSHA's Hazard Communication Standard and steps of any Hazard Communication Program.
- Identify radiation hazards and different types of radiation.
- Identify different types of respiratory equipment.
- Indicate Protection Factors.
- Identify the uses for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and how to choose the correct PPE.
- Recognize and indicate the characteristics of a work zone.
- List the elements of site security.
- Recognize the principles of decontamination methods as well as levels of decontamination.
- Define a Medical Surveillance Program and its purpose.
- Identify the types and methods of air monitoring.
- Recall characteristics of the confined space permit system, such as main confined space atmospheric hazards and types of ventilation.
- Describe the medical concerns associated with confined spaces.
- Indicate the various considerations in an emergency situation and the importance of training and action for personal safety and the safety of others.
The Following Courses Are Included In This Package:
|Course Name||Industry||Course Delivery|
|GHS and OSHA Hazardous Communication||Environmental Health and Safety|
|HAZWOPER 8 hr Annual Refresher||Environmental Health and Safety|
- Written Safety and Health Program
- Site Characterization and Analysis
- Training Program
- Medical Surveillance
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Sanitation at Temporary Workplaces
- Handling Drums and Containers
- Emergency Response Plan
Subject Matter Expert
End of Course Instructions
What is HAZWOPER 8 Hour Training?
HAZWOPER 8 training is an 8-hour refresher program intended for workers and employees that require refreshing their existing 24-hour and 40-hour HAZWOPER certification. Training consists of 9 topics relating to workplace hazards. They include HAZWOPER regulations, site analysis, toxicology, threat recognition, personal protective equipment, decontamination, medical surveillance, confined space entry, and emergency procedures.
There's no room for guesswork when it comes to Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER). That's why continuous training and certification are imperative for those who are exposed or potentially exposed to hazardous wastes and substances. To keep their 24-hour or 40-hour HAZWOPER certification, workers are required to take an 8-hour refresher course on an annual basis.
This web-based course from 360training.com meets the 8-hour annual refresher training requirements outlined in OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120. It is designed to review the principles that site workers learned from their 24-hour or 40-hour HAZWOPER training. Aside from HAZWOPER essentials, 360training.com also incorporated the latest updates of the Globally Harmonized System (GHS) for Hazard Communication in the training package.
Who Should Take this HAZWOPER 8-Hour Refresher Online Course?
360training.com interactive refresher course is for general site workers who must engage in hazardous waste operations or must enter a hazardous or potentially hazardous site:
- Workers who are involved in the cleanup, treatment, storage, and disposal of hazardous wastes
- Workers who are exposed or potentially exposed to hazardous substances
- Workers who need to maintain a 24-hour or 40-hour HAZWOPER certification
Why Choose 360training.com?
HAZWOPER regulations can be confusing, but they don't have to be with our straightforward approach. At 360training.com, you're just a few clicks away from completing the 8-Hour HAZWOPER Refresher Training. Take the course at your convenience wherever, whenever as long as you have an internet connection. Brushing up on your HAZWOPER know-how has never been this convenient!
What Happens Next?
360training.com's online HAZWOPER refresher training is composed of 9 sections and takes at least 8 hours to complete. Learners must have a minimum score of 70% to pass the quizzes and the final exam. Eligible students will receive a certificate which is an OSHA-accepted documentation of training upon completion of the annual refresher course. Contact 360training.com or reach out to local regulatory authorities for more details about OSHA's 8 Hour refresher online training requirements.
Save Big With Group Enrollment
40+ Users? Contact us for pricing.
Got Questions? Contact Us
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235.
NOTE: Need Help? Are you an existing customer?
For all complaints or concerns Click here. For all sales enquiries, please fill out the form below.
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.