This course provides you with the necessary knowledge and techniques needed to be a responsible seller of alcohol in Wisconsin. Specifically, you will learn how to protect yourself and your establishment from liability; how alcohol affects your customers; how to recognize the effects of alcohol on your customers; how to prevent customers from becoming intoxicated; how to intervene when you need to refuse a sale to someone; how to prevent and deal with disturbances; how to accurately check IDs approved by Wisconsin and recognize minors; how to prevent second-party sales; and how to refuse a sale. This course takes you one step further and covers some tobacco-specific issues, including: second party sales, carding for tobacco, and state-specific regulations and laws according to Wisconsin Cigarette, Tobacco and Nicotine Products Sales Laws.
After completing this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe alcohol use.
- Recognize the effects of alcohol.
- Identify the seller's role in the enhancement of public safety.
- Discuss the seller's responsibilities and obligations under the law.
- Define blood alcohol concentration and how it is calculated.
- Describe the effects of mixing alcohol with other drugs.
- Recognize intoxicated individuals.
- Refuse a sale to someone with little conflict.
- Prevent disturbances in the establishment and handle difficult situations.
- Check IDs accurately, and recognize clues for when an individual is using a fake ID.
- Recognize second-party sales.
- Describe second-party sales and how to prevent them.
- Discuss the unique challenges in carding for tobacco.
- Identify Wisconsin tobacco-related laws and regulations
Lesson 1: Introduction
Lesson 2: How Alcohol Affects the Body
Lesson 3: Recognizing Intoxicated Customers
Lesson 4: Preventing Disturbances
Lesson 5: Minors and Liability
Lesson 6: How to Refuse a Sale
Lesson 7: Wisconsin Alcohol Laws
Lesson 8: Tobacco Sales and Wisconsin Law
Wisconsin Responsible Beverage Server Training - Wisconsin Department of Revenue Alcohol and Tobacco Enforcement Section
- Wisconsin Department of Revenue Alcohol and Tobacco Enforcement Section
- Website URL:
- Email Address:
- Mail Stop 6-40 P.O. Box 8933
Got Questions? Contact Us
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235.
NOTE: Need Help? Are you an existing customer?
For all complaints or concerns Click here. For all sales enquiries, please fill out the form below.
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.