Wisconsin Responsible Beverage Server Training
493 Learner Reviews -
- Course Delivery: On Demand
- Credit Hours: 4
- Language: English
- Credit Type: Certificate
- Difficulty: Beginner
This course provides you with the necessary knowledge and techniques you need to be a responsible seller of alcohol. Specifically, you will learn how to protect yourself and your establishment from liability; how alcohol affects your customers; how to recognize the effects of alcohol on your customers; how to prevent customers from becoming intoxicated; how to intervene when you need to refuse a sale to someone; how to prevent and deal with disturbances; how to accurately check IDs and recognize minors; how to prevent second-party sales; and how to refuse a sale.
After completing this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe alcohol use.
- Recognize the effects of alcohol.
- Identify the seller's role in the enhancement of public safety.
- Discuss the seller's responsibilities and obligations under the law.
- Define blood alcohol concentration and how it is calculated.
- Describe the effects of mixing alcohol with other drugs.
- Recognize intoxicated individuals.
- Refuse a sale to someone with little conflict.
- Prevent disturbances in the establishment and handle difficult situations.
- Check IDs accurately, and recognize clues for when an individual is using a fake ID.
- Recognize second-party sales.
- Describe second-party sales and how to prevent them.
- Discuss the unique challenges in carding for tobacco.
- Identify Wisconsin tobacco-related laws and regulations
Lesson 1: Introduction
Lesson 2: How Alcohol Affects the Body
Lesson 3: Recognizing Intoxicated Customers
Lesson 4: Preventing Disturbances
Lesson 5: Minors and Liability
Lesson 6: How to Refuse a Sale
Lesson 7: Wisconsin Alcohol Laws
Lesson 8: Tobacco Sales and Wisconsin Law
Wisconsin Responsible Beverage Server Training - Wisconsin Department of Revenue Alcohol and Tobacco Enforcement Section
- Wisconsin Department of Revenue Alcohol and Tobacco Enforcement Section
- Website URL:
- Email Address:
- Mail Stop 6-40 P.O. Box 8933
The final exam must be successfully passed with a 70% or higher to receive the certificate of completion.
How to obtain a Wisconsin Bartending License?
You must be 18 years old and above, have no criminal records, and have completed the Responsible Beverage Server training successfully to qualify for a Wisconsin bartending license. Once done with your Responsible training, you have to go to your local municipality to report your certification to receive your official bartender/operator's license.
Where can you take the Responsible Beverage Server training?
You can take your training and certification through an approved classroom instruction provider. Through, alternatively, an online training program is also available and recommended through Learn2serve.com. Taking an approved bartending training course online is highly suggested since you can pace your progress according to your liking and meet state requirements all the same.
What are the benefits of owning a Wisconsin Bartending License?
A license is required for individuals wishing to sell and serve alcohol in the state of Wisconsin. In some cases, you may even incur a lesser penalty for violating a sales or service law if you are a certified server. Employers are also likely to place a higher value on a Seller/Server thatâs already been trained and certified.
How long is the validity of my license?
Wisconsin Responsible Beverage Server/Seller license is valid for 2 years, unless told otherwise by your municipality.
Got Questions? Contact Us
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235.
NOTE: Need Help? Are you an existing customer?
For all complaints or concerns Click here. For all sales enquiries, please fill out the form below.
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.