Illinois BASSET Alcohol Seller-Server
263 Learner Reviews -
- Course Delivery: On Demand
- Credit Hours: 4
- Language: English
- Credit Type: Certificate
- Difficulty: Beginner
This course provides you with the necessary knowledge and techniques needed to be a responsible seller/server of alcohol. Specifically, you will learn how to protect yourself and your establishment from liability; how alcohol affects your customers; how to recognize the effects of alcohol on your customers; how to prevent customers from becoming intoxicated; how to intervene when you need to refuse a sale to someone; how to prevent and deal with disturbances; how to accurately check IDs and recognize minors; how to prevent second-party sales and loitering; and how to refuse a sale.
After completing this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe alcohol use.
- Recognize the effects of alcohol.
- Identify the seller/server's role in the enhancement of public safety.
- Discuss the seller/server's responsibilities and obligations under the law.
- Define blood alcohol concentration and how it is calculated.
- Describe the effects of mixing alcohol with other drugs.
- Recognize intoxicated individuals.
- Refuse a sale to someone with little conflict.
- Prevent disturbances in the establishment and handle difficult situations.
- Check IDs accurately, and recognize clues for when an individual is using a fake ID.
- Recognize second-party sales.
Lesson 1: Introduction
Lesson 2: How Alcohol Affects the Body
Lesson 3: Recognizing Intoxicated Customers
Lesson 4: Preventing Disturbances
Lesson 5: Minors and Liability
Lesson 6: How to Refuse a Sale
Lesson 7: State of Illinois Alcohol-Related Laws
BASSET Seller-Server - State of Illinois Liquor Control Commission - BASSET Program
- State of Illinois Liquor Control Commission - BASSET Program
- Website URL:
- Email Address:
- 100 W. Randolph Ste. 7-801
End of Course Instructions
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be able to print your certificate of completion from your training page.
Each quiz must be passed with a 70 percent or higher before you can proceed to the next lesson.
What is BASSET Server Certification?
Beverage Alcohol Sellers and Servers Education and Training (BASSET) is the training servers and bouncers in most Illinois counties are required to complete every three years. The goal of the BASSET program is to ensure alcohol sellers and severs are properly trained to responsibly serve alcohol. The training program is designed to prevent underage drinking, over-consumption and to keep drunk drivers off the streets.
How can the BASSET certification benefit me?
With a BASSET certification you prove that you can serve and sell alcohol in Illinois responsibly. In case of a violation, you may also get a reduced penalty. Most employers who sell alcohol on-premises prefer servers who have this certification.
How do I get a card?You can get a BASSET card after completing the final exam. Upon completion, you will receive a temporary certificate till the ILCC mails you your official card on the address you provided.
Illinois BASSET Alcohol Seller-Server
Who Should Take The Course?
Most servers in the state are required to complete BASSET courses. Employees of bars, restaurants, taverns, and night clubs (on-premises) take a 4-hour BASSET course, while store and gas station employees (off-premises) take a 3-hour course.
All on-premises alcohol servers in Illinois will be required to complete BASSET by July 1, 2018.
What Does a BASSET Course Cover?The topics covered in this training include:
- Effects of alcohol
- Refusing a sale
- Preventing disturbances
- Verifying customers’ ages
- Recognizing intoxication
- Handling intoxicated customers
- Preventing underage sales
How Do I Get BASSET Certification?To become BASSET certified:
- Complete the required BASSET course.
- The training provider issues you a temporary certificate after you pass the exam.
- The provider sends a roster of students who have passed the exam to the Liquor Control Commission (ILCC).
- The Commission then issues BASSET cards to participants who successfully complete the course.
- Renew your BASSET card three years from the date of issuance.
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
NOTE: Need Help? Are you an existing customer?
For all complaints or concerns Click here. For all sales enquiries, please fill out the form below.
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.