This course provides you with the necessary knowledge and techniques needed to be a responsible seller of alcohol. Specifically, you will learn how to protect yourself and your establishment from liability; how alcohol affects your customers; how to recognize the effects of alcohol on your customers; how to prevent customers from becoming intoxicated; how to intervene when you need to refuse a sale to someone; how to prevent and deal with disturbances; how to accurately check IDs and recognize minors; how to prevent second-party sales; and how to refuse a sale. Lastly, the course will familiarize you with the laws of selling/serving alcohol in the state of Maine. Overall, many of Maine's laws are similar to the other states. However, there are subtle differences that you must know in order to keep you out of jail.
At the conclusion of this course, you should be able too:
- Describe alcohol use.
- Recognize the effects of alcohol.
- Identify the seller's role in the enhancement of public safety.
- Discuss the seller's responsibilities and obligations under the law.
- Define blood alcohol concentration and how it is calculated.
- Describe the effects of mixing alcohol with other drugs.
- Recognize intoxicated individuals.
- Refuse a sale to someone with little conflict.
- Prevent disturbances in the establishment and handle difficult situations.
- Check IDs accurately, and recognize clues for when an individual is using a fake ID. Recognize second-party sales.
This course will cover the following topics:
Lesson 1: Introduction
Lesson 2: How Alcohol Affects the Body
Lesson 3: Recognizing Intoxicated Customers
Lesson 4: Preventing Disturbances
Lesson 5: Minors and Liability
Lesson 6: How to Refuse a Sale
Learn2Serve Maine On-Premises Alcohol Seller-Server - Maine Bureau of Liquor Enforcement
- Maine Bureau of Liquor Enforcement
- Website URL:
- Email Address:
- 397 Water Street
End of Course Instructions
At the completion of the course, you will be able to print a certificate of completion from your training page.
Each quiz must be passed with a 70 percent or higher in order to proceed to the next lesson.
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
NOTE: Need Help? Are you an existing customer?
For all complaints or concerns Click here. For all sales enquiries, please fill out the form below.
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.