This course covers food allergens in a restaurant food service environment. It will guide food service employees (management and FOH/BOH staff) in best practices for safely serving food allergic guests.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Define a food allergy, including the top 8 food allergens and sources of each.
- Recognize the difference between a food allergy and food intolerance.
- Identify symptoms of a food allergic reaction.
- Describe the protocol for notifying emergency response if a food allergic reaction occurs.
- Discuss best practices for serving a food allergic customer, including the role of management, front of the house and back of the house employees.
- Describe how to properly prepare an allergen safe meal for a food allergic customer.
- Analyze a case study on how to properly serve a food allergic guest.
Overview of Food Allergens
Allergy VS Food Intolerance
Know the Top 8 Allergens
Importance of Allergen Control Plans in Commercial Foodservice
Recognizing Symptoms of an Allergic Reaction
Facility Management: Handling Food Safely for Allergen Guests
Communicating in a Restaurant: Management, FOH, BOH, Staff
Sample Customer Interaction
End of Course Instructions
After completing this course you will receive a certificate of completion. It will be sent via email and will also be available on your student account under "Print Certificates".
Got questions? Contact us below or call 877-881-2235
NOTE: Need Help? Are you an existing customer?
For all complaints or concerns Click here. For all sales enquiries, please fill out the form below.
Why Choose 360training.com?
- Fast and easy courses completion
- Get an education faster than at traditional colleges!
- 100% online - No classroom attendance required.
- Online customer support
- Over 500,000+ certified nationwide.