Harassment and Discrimination for Managers (Comprehensive Course)
In this course, you will learn how managers can hinder workplace harassment from occurring. This includes learning how to create a company policy that expressly outlines the rules regarding sexual harassment. You will also learn how best to handle a sexual harassment claim. This course introduces the topics of quid pro quo sexual harassment and hostile environment. In this course you will learn what quid pro quo sexual harassment is and how hostile environments are created. Next, this course introduces the concept of discrimination in the workplace. As you will learn, it is illegal to discriminate against employees and prospective employees in the workplace. There are eight different types of discrimination, all of which you will learn about in this course. This course then introduces the Americans with Disabilities Act, which outlines the workplace rights of Americans with disabilities. In this course, you will learn what constitutes a disability as outlined by the ADA and you will learn about various types of disabilities. This course will also help you determine when accommodations should be made for a disabled employee.Finally, this course concludes with a discussion of functional diversity and diversity in the workforce. You will learn how best to go about hiring high-quality, diverse employees. This course will also shed light on some of the many benefits of a diverse workforce, while also teaching you some of the interview strategies you should employ when speaking to diverse candidates.
At the conclusion of this course, you should be able to:
- List some of the responsibilities of managers as they relate to sexual harassment.
- Outline the steps associated with creating a company policy against sexual harassment.
- Outline the steps that should be taken when investigating harassment claims.
- Describe five common forms of retaliation associated with sexual harassment claims.
- Describe quid pro quo harassment.- Describe some of the attributes of a hostile work environment.
- Identify when sexual harassment in the form of quid pro quo or hostile environment is occurring.
- List the four Acts that formed the cornerstone of policy today.
- List the 12 criteria it is illegal to base hiring/firing decisions on in the workplace.
- Summarize three employment practices that will ensure equal treatment is being given to all employees.
- Summarize the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Define “disability,” as outlined by the ADA.
- List types of disabilities.
- Apply interviewing techniques recommended when hiring a disabled person.
- Describe some of the benefits of a diverse workforce.
- Describe how diversity can be achieved from the top, down.
- Define “functional diversity.”
- Describe some of the ways in which diverse candidates can be found.
- Apply interview strategies when interviewing diverse candidates.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be able to print a certificate of completion from your training page.
This course is created and brought to you by 360training, a leading provider of accredited e-learning courses to working professionals through today's leading schools, associations and corporations. 360training's high-quality e-learning courses assist thousands of working professionals in a wide range of disciplines, helping them to succeed in today's marketplace, to renew licenses, to acquire certification or to prepare for a new profession.
This course was created by the instructional design staff of 360training in connection with field professionals whose many years of experience in adult educational theory and distance learning technology make the process of certification, compliance and training as convenient, engaging and cost-effective as possible.
If you have any requests for technical or instructional support, then please contact the 360training Support Department located in the HELP section of your account profile. Technical support inquiries are handled immediately; instructional support questions are answered within 24 business hours, with information provided by a qualified professional in your field through our network of subject matter experts.
This course focuses on the following topics:
- Sexual Harassment and Manager Responsibility
- Creating a Policy
- Complaints and Investigating Claims
- Quid Pro Quo and Hostile Environment
- Zero Tolerance
- Fair Employment Practices
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Types of Disabilities
- Hiring Practices and Making Accommodations
- Diversity in the Workforce
- Benefits of Diversity
- Functional Diversity
- Finding Diverse Candidates
You will not be required to pass the quizzes to move on to the next lesson.
The final exam must be passed successfully with 70% or higher in order to receive your certificate of completion.
- Course Format: Online
- Language: English
- Difficulty: Advanced