Preventing Insider Trading: Introduction to Insider Trading (Compliance Snapshot)
This course introduces the concept of insider trading. You will learn what constitutes insider trading and who is characterized as an 'insider.' This course will also shed light on the many negative effects of insider trading and how best a company can prevent this type of activity.
At the conclusion of this course, you will be able to:
- Define "insider trading"
- Identify who is considered an "insider"
- List some of the negative effects associated with insider trading
- Summarize Federal Trading Laws
- Describe the two theories associated with insiders
- List the six groups who should concern themselves the most with insider trading
- Identify "material information"
- Define "non-public information"
- Describe how insider trading can be prevented